BBC – live Interviews on Jobs – July 20
As a string of UK companies announced that more than 12,000 people were set to lose their jobs in a 48 hour period, we positioned Bev White, CEO of recruitment and technology consultancy, Harvey Nash Group as an expert to respond to this news on live radio, and to advise listeners (some of which may have lost their job) on the steps to take to land their next role.
- Plan your finances to provide a clear timescale for finding a new job.
- Consider a different industry sector – and look towards other hot sectors such as Pharma, logistics, healthcare and tech.
- Focus – spend twice as much time on applying for half as many jobs. Keeping confidence up by not spending 12 hours a day job hunting is important, and this focus will allow you to spend some time with family and remain positive for interviews.
- Use your network of friends/old colleagues/contacts etc – don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Keep close to recruiters so you are on their radar and front of the queue when an appropriate role comes up.
In addition to this high profile broadcast coverage, in the last month, Bev/Harvey Nash Group has featured widely in the UK press including in – The Times, The Daily Telegraph, CIO UK, Computer Weekly, IT Pro, Information Age, Computing, Diginomica, ZDNet.com, The HR Director, and Information Age.Back